is a Best Start Hub?
A Best Start Hub is a one-stop centre for families, often in a school
setting, bringing together kindergarten, early learning and child
care, parent-child programs, parenting supports, and access to a
wide range of specialized services.
Algoma, Hubs will be either in schools or in central locations and
closely linked to schools.
Start Hubs will:
• support a rich early learning environment and family-centred
• provide parenting and school-readiness programs.
• serve culturally diverse families and families with children
with special needs
• have linkages to schools and other local services such as
Preschool Speech and Language and Developmental Screening Clinics.
• provide community resources and information.
first three Hubs in the District of Algoma will be located in:
• Blind River
• Elliot Lake
will parents be involved in the process of developing hubs?
Local advisory groups will be formed as each Hub begins to develop.
As part of these advisory groups parents will be making decisions
about the programs and services that could be provided and how the
Hub will run.
who wish to be involved in planning for Best Start at a broader
level may wish to put their name forward to sit on the Algoma Best
start Network as a parent representative.
you are interested in being involved please contact:
Best Start Hub
Telephone Number : (705)-856-2178